How To Start And Set Up Your Email Marketing
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the act of sending a commercial message to different people with email. Email marketing is a highly efficient marketing strategy. No business should leave it behind nowadays.But you won’t see any results if you just send random emails every second month. You need to have a clear strategy in mind. And most importantly: you need to know how email marketing works.
Why use Email Marketing?
This question is a common one. A lot of people and business owners out there don’t see the reason to use it.Here are the reasons why you should implement email marketing in your business today:
- You build better relationships and stay in contact with your audiencePeople check emails when they feel like they want to read something. Sending them an email can help to stay in contact and build better relationships. They feel like you’re thinking about them.
- With email, you reach out directly to your (potential) clientsYou get directly to their inbox, they don’t need to find you somewhere on the internet. And the great thing is that it is nearly real-time. Just think a moment about how often you check your own emails and you’ll see what we mean about it.
- It’s affordableAfter building your own email list, you just need an email automation tool. Not more. With that, you can send an email to your whole audience, and that means you reach a lot of people for really less money.
- You can measure it easilyThe email automation tools out there show you exactly how many people got your email, how many of them opened it and which amount of people clicked on a link or whatever you want to know. This way, you can measure exactly the performance of your emails.
- You can sell your products or servicesThis reason is placed at the end of this list because this one should never be your main goal! Focus on the other ones first but then, sure, email marketing helps you to sell more of your products and services to your audience.
How to start with Email Marketing?
The reasons why you should use email marketing are very clear. So jump on it today! Asking how? You’ll get all the information in the next few minutes and then, you just need to start.
Choose the right autoresponder
It is important to have an autoresponder. They can save you a huge amount of time.Imagine how exhausting it would be if you need to send an email every time someone leaves an email. And also, you don’t just want to send one mail, maybe you send out a mail every second day? So, it’s nearly impossible to send them all manually.
Therefore, you need an autoresponder. With it, you can send emails to a list of people, with just a few clicks.
There are a lot of different autoresponders out there. It doesn’t matter which autoresponder you choose, but make sure you choose one.
Create an attractive lead magnet
After choosing and setting up your autoresponder, you need an attractive lead magnet.A lead magnet is a marketing term for a free item, piece of content, or service that is given away for the purpose of gathering contact details. It is normally the first contact with your ideal customer and this way you can grow your email list.
Let me make an example to get it more real: Let’s imagine I am a weight loss coach. I would offer a free guide on how to lose a kilo of weight in one week to my potential clients. I’m not sure it’s possible but I hope you get it.
In order to get this guide, they need to give me their email address. This way, they get their free guide and I get the email, the contact information. I now have the opportunity to get in contact with my potential client through mail whenever I want.
Prepare your introduction email to follow up
As soon as you get your first email contact, you can start with an email follow-up. The idea is that you send everyone, who gets your lead magnet a short introduction email follow-up. The topics can look like this:Here’s your lead magnet – in this email, you welcome the person and send them the link to their lead magnet.Introduce yourself or your brand – in the second email, it’s all about telling the reader who you (or your brand) are and what you’re doing. This is the first step to building a strong relationship.In the next emails, you give the reader a lot of value, depending on your business. You can give them the value directly in the email, or you can link to your blog.Having an introduction email follow-up in place is very important and we recommend you do not skip that part. It is an essential part of your audience and helps you to build strong relationships.The introduction email follow-up is an automated follow-up, which means every time somebody leaves the email to get your lead magnet, this follow-up starts automatically and sends out the prepared emails to this person.
As you got to know in the paragraph before, you can send automated email follow-ups to your audiences. But, there is another way to send emails: we’re talking now about broadcast emails.A broadcast email is created manually and then, you send it manually to the list of subscribers you want to. It is not part of an automated follow-up, you choose which people should get this email and then, you send it. Broadcast emails are great if you want to send information to your mailing list about a time intense topic. That could be a weekly newsletter or promotions for the week.
You see, using email marketing is a marketing term you shouldn’t leave behind. There are a lot of reasons for using it and you now know how to set up and start with email marketing.